The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for TI's DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 stepper motor driver board, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
Simple step and direction control interface
- -Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- -Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- -45 V maximum supply voltage
- -Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- -Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- -Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- -Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- -4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- -Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- -Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects (see the bottom of this page for more information)